Skip to content

Jabba the Hutt Starble by Marble Vision

February 13, 2011

Starbles are Star Wars marbles that were sold in vending machines at theaters in Southern Ontario in conjunction with the re-release of the “Special Editions” of the Star Wars trilogy in 1997. For whatever reason, they never saw a wider release. As you might imagine, this makes them rather rare, and in fact many Star Wars collectors have never heard of them. They made 12 different marbles as you can see below (although I personally only have the Jabba one).

They’re quite big for marbles, at about 1.5″ in diameter. This completely dwarfs the Jabba the Hutt Marb that was recently released (the Marbs are more like 3/4 of an inch in diameter). Like the Marbs, I think they’re made of some sort of plastic rather than glass, but they certainly have a more substantial feel than the tiny Marbs. Anyway, I’ve been on the lookout for one of these ever since I first heard about them, so it feels good to finally check this off of my list.

Advertisements
8 Comments leave one →
  1. February 13, 2011 8:19 am

I’d never heard of these. They look pretty nice actually. Good find.

2. February 18, 2011 9:07 am

It looks like the Leia one is the Slave leia. Will you try to pick that one up too?

• icruise permalink
      February 18, 2011 9:12 am

No I don’t think so. The person I got the Jabba one from was selling one of each, so I could have gotten any of them. But I don’t feel the need to be a completist for things other than Jabba himself.

3. Craig permalink
    July 27, 2011 1:48 pm

Found mine and putting them on Ebay tonite….as I have no idea of value…

• icruise permalink
      July 27, 2011 9:12 pm

They are rare, but they aren’t all that well known, so the number of people actively searching for them is probably relatively low.

4. herderofnerfs permalink
    September 27, 2014 10:01 am

Just putting my feelers out there, but I own a full set of 12 of these Starbles. Any idea what they’re worth?

• icruise permalink*
      September 27, 2014 12:32 pm

It’s a little hard to say since they don’t come up for sale all that often. I bought some individual ones a couple of years ago for around $5 apiece, but I imagine a full set would add a bit of a premium on that. I wouldn’t think it would be more than $100 or so, but that’s just a guess.

5. Chewbaco permalink
    April 5, 2015 10:34 am

I know this is old but I have the whole set in the original labeled box set 1 original from the vendor.