Skip to content

Vintage Return of the Jedi Poster Magazine #1

May 20, 2010

This is a “magazine” that was published in 1983, a little before Return of the Jedi appeared in theaters. It’s basically just a largish poster that’s folded in half and then in half again to make 3 magazine-sized pages with text, and 2 very large pages in the middle. As you can see from the picture above, it has Luke and a Gamorrean Guard on the cover, while the actual poster is a Star Destroyer by the Death Star II. Inside there are several articles that essentially just give a variety of facts about the movie, most of which seem to be intended to impress the reader how massive the movie is in size and scope. Still, it’s a fun read. Especially the bits about Jabba and his cohorts.

Advertisements
6 Comments leave one →
  1. January 19, 2011 5:58 am

Another nostalgia trip. I have this at home and vividly remember getting it from Forbidden Planet back when i was a kid. (Forbidden Planet’s a Sci Fi book shop in London. Going there was a real day out for me. 🙂 )

2. Scott permalink
    August 27, 2011 8:25 pm

Hi there – I have a question that you might be able to answer. I had several ROTJ magazines when I was a kid and seem to remember one like this that had factoid stuff in it including the number of pounds of nails that went into the making of Jabbas Sail barge. It bugs me that I don’t remember which one it was … this looks familiar so I was wondering if this was the one .. Thanks

• icruise permalink
      August 27, 2011 8:51 pm

This might very well be it. I’m not sure where it is at the moment so I can’t check, but that sounds familiar.

3. Scott permalink
    August 29, 2011 7:59 am

Way cool thanks so much for that. I had the monsters heroes and villains, the white cover RoTJ book and it would seem this one as prized possessions way back when. I still got the white one, got a pd of the Heroes and Villains and now have something else to aim for besides the old Weebix round cards! lol

Ahhh memories …

4. Ron permalink
    March 9, 2012 5:27 pm

What is this worth? I have one in near perfect condition.

• icruise permalink
      March 10, 2012 11:59 am

It’s not worth a whole lot. Maybe $5? $10 at the outside.